Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Happy Freelance Newcomer

BookEnds wrote about a day in the life of an agent. That made me think, what about a day in the life of a happy freelance newcomer?  Well, here it goes:

  • Go over article and blog post notes. Easy, peasy.
  • Compose next draft of articles and blog posts. Not bad, needs work.
  • Post articles and blog posts. Formatting blahs.
  • Develop some more ideas. Some promising, some so-so.
  • Check email. Read little, delete less.
  • Hound unemployment office to see if I can take a business workshop. Line busy. Surprise.
  • Entrecard explorations and blog submissions. My old social network, revisited.
  • Tidy up primary blog. Delet-o-rama.
  • Check markets. Love the new birthday present, Writer's Market online. Not loving its organization.
  • Compose draft of article for market. Pretty near done.
  • Hand-fed chickens. A new form of stress relief.
  • Hound unemployment office to see if I can take a business workshop. Line busy. Surprise, surprise.
  • Check snail mail. No acceptances there, but dogs happy.
  • Exercise brain through Wii game. Brain lost weight; sad.
  • Hound unemployment office to see if I can take a business workshop. OMG, a twenty-five minute yes.
  • Sent application for workshop. Crossing fingers and toes it's not too late. Getting hard to type.
  • Headache relief. Exploding zombies' heads.
  • Check email. Acceptance, yah!
  • Walk dogs. Headache.
  • Check writing forums. Headache.
  • Check blog-o-sphere. Headache.
  • Headache. Headache. Headache.
  • Wrote this post. Headache.

Besides a recurring theme of mold allegy-induced headaches, today was a fairly frustrating day. I am beginning to sense I am blahville once I cross the magic line from AM to PM. That wouldn't be so bad if I'd wake up before mid-morn. Something else I sense I must work on.  Hmmm.........

Anyway, all you freelancers out there, how did your day go? Less moldering than mine, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment